Friday, March 4, 2011

Embroidery

It's about dang time! I finally pulled out the embroidery module that I purchased with my sewing machine over three years ago. I've used loved and abused my sewing machine in the past three years, but was afraid to tackle the embroidery portion for some reason. It was all just a bit intimidating, especially because I am starting with no knowledge or past experience. I don't live close to a Bernina dealer, so I cant even really take classes on it. Here's to trial and error!In the past week or so since I have pulled it out, loaded the program on my laptop, and tried a few stitch outs, I have already made a bunch of mistakes - but I have also learned a bit!
My first 'real' project? I am making personalized receiving blankets for a friend of mine's photography business. She is giving them as gifts to her newborn sessions. Pretty snazzy eh?
I can't wait to get more and more familiar with my embroidery machine and software. I think the options will be limitless once I get it figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment