Thursday, December 31, 2009

Git 'er dun

Wow. It's been WAY to long since I've posted. It isn't because of a lack of crafting...it's much the opposite. I have been so busy working on projects and getting stuff done that I haven't taken the time out to document any of it. The tragedy? I was in such excitement about finishing Christmas gifts and projects that I didn't take pictures of ANYTHING before it was all packaged up and shipped off to far-away places. I'm hoping to get pictures from my fam of everything in use...then I'll make a fun post with my real-life models!

I finished everything on the list from my previous post with the exception of quilting my mom's quilt top. She gave me the pass to not have it done by Christmas. That is this week's project and will be flying back with me and my boys to Utah on January 21st.

Completed:
*Two adorable purses for two of my adorable nieces
*An outfit for another adorable niece including: skirt, appliqued top, and matching purse!
*Advent calendar (It was a Nancy Halverson pannel from a few years back that just needed to be quilted, bound, etc.)
*Lots of sewing to build up our inventory for ATT
*Quilt for my in-laws for Christmas

And to finish out the list, I was able to help a young man that I go to church with, in organizing and carrying out a major sewing project as part of his Eagle Scout project. (48 mitered edge receiving blankets is no easy task, but we got it done!)

Whew! These next few months are my favorite time of the year. It's the time that I take for myself and sew projects just for me. I can't wait. I'll keep you updated!

Happy New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

  1. You got a lot done before Christmas!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures of everything! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete