Sunday, June 6, 2010

it's a book-purse!

It's a book...It's a purse...It's a book-purse!...I SO wish that I could claim this idea as my own. I think it is SO original and unique. But alas, like most things in the crafty blogosphere I got my idea from here. The tutorial is great. I wasn't sure how my first one would turn out, but I LOVE IT! I think I especially love the extra flowers and 'bling' that I added to the outside. It totally gives it an elegant 'pop'. (It's wierd, I am almost never attracted to floral prints, but for some reason this print just seemed perfect for the occasion. I might have to give florals more thought in the future!)
This book-purse is going to be part of a graduation gift for my niece. She's an adorable girl who loves bags and purses. This one should be different than all her others!

**Side note - I picked the books up at a local thrift store. I've also seen hardcovers on sale at the Library for like $.50 ea. I found the handles at JoAnn's.

5 comments:

  1. Woo! I own this!!! And I love it by the way! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making a Danielle Steele one of these for my mom for Christmas who loves purses and especially loves DS! Cool idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm in the process of making this following the tutorial you used. Seems to be working so far. My question...the flowers. How did you do them? Looks like you did the inside a little differently as well...or maybe you had to take it up because it opened too wide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I don't see any way to contact you, so I'm not sure if you saw my message. I have my mom's purse made, but just looking for a way to do the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you come back, I just saw your comment...feel free to e-mail me! T.pugmir3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete