Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

So, it's nothing too original, but for my mom's birthday last week she got this in the mail...
The pattern does not call for a strip of velcro on the inside, that was my addition. Grandma S is kind of obsessed with being able to close her purses/bags up!
The colors are not usually a pallet I would choose for myself, but the bag was for my awesome mom, not for me! The patterns and colors scream Grandma S!

In case you are not familiar with it, this pattern is Amy Butler's Birdie Sling. I'm in love with the pattern and bag. Back when I had Baby C, one was given to me as a gift for a diaper bag. I'm still using it. I've now made a couple of them as gifts for some of my favorite people. If you've never sewn a purse or bag before, this would be a great place to start. It is pretty basic. (Side note, just because it is basic does not mean it is cheap to make...after getting all the nice fabric there is a ton of interfacing, etc. to buy. It is worth it though.)

And of course I didn't take pictures, but I also included about a dozen various hand-made cards along with the bag for her to add to her stash.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment