Monday, August 22, 2011

Outfits for Disneyland!

So...we were on vacation for like the whole summer, it was awesome! Something fun that we we got to squeeze in (a vacation within a vacation!) was a quick weekend trip to Disneyland. I LOVE Disneyland! (So much so that my husband took me there for our Honeymoon 10 years ago!) This was to be my boy's first time experiencing the magic of Disneyland. Me being the corney crafty mom that I am, I just HAD to make outfits!Luckily for me, JoAnne's had a sale on McCall's patterns, so I snatched up a couple patterns for shorts for $1.99 ea. I made up the shorts using those handy dandy patterns, and then came up with the applique on the tops on my own.My niece is a seasoned Disneyland goer (her mom works for JetBlue, so they fly there often!) She loved having something fun to wear that matched the boys too. I just made a simple 'tube' shirt using elastic thread in my bobbin, added a few straps, and voila!Three matchy-matchy adorable kids! (It was actually super convenient that they matched, because they were easier to see in a crowd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment