Now that our big spring show is over and we have lots of inventory in our shop, it's time for some 'fun' sewing and getting projects done that have been on the back burner!
I've had the idea for this quilt on my mind for a LONG time. I've never attempted to make a quilt completely from scraps. I knew it was going to be crazy, because my scrap pile is so diverse, but the intention of this quilt is to go to a charity, so I figured a little crazy would be okay.I'm actually pretty happy with how my first 'scrappy' quilt turned out. I seem to have a plethora of strips, so I sewed the strips together and then cut the long rectangle into four right-angle triangles, which I then sewed back together to form my squares. I think the blocks have some fun motion in them. The material is crazy and non-matching, but I think It worked for what I was attempting.I'm not in love with the white on white material I used for the sashing, but I had it on hand, so I used it! (I'm kind of glad I stash busted that one, now I don't have to ever use it again!) For the borders, I just continued with my strip theme and used up by last bit of scraps. I would have liked to try out some fun new quilting technique with this, but the youth from my church need to get in a few service hours, so I'm going to let them tie the quilt instead.
I made the goal at the beginning of the year to make two quilts to donate to a charity in 2010. One down, one to go!
my new old quilt
7 hours ago