Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Simple Dish Towel Apron

I thought I'd share a few pictures of a recent quick project.I love turning something ordinary into something extraordinary! What started as a dish towel and a 1/2 yard of coordinating fabric turned into this cute and simple apron.I basically cut a triangle out of each side of the top (measuring in 4" and down 10"), then made my own double-fold binding. Honestly, you could make it even quicker and easier if you only 'bound' the arm cut-outs (since they are the only raw edges), but I liked the look of sewing the coordinating fabric around the whole perimeter. I added a quick applique with her initial, and voila!A friend of mine recently moved into a new home (new to her!) and did a full kitchen make-over. This was her little 'kitchen-warming' gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment