Wednesday, March 3, 2010

an awesome find!

So I recently got these at a thrift shop...A huge big ole' pile of zippers. Random, I know.

The story: I live in a super small town. Apparently we are just big enough to have out own little thrift store. I have never been inside said thrift store until two nights ago. I went in hunt of some big picture frames to spray paint and alter for a new project idea. I came out of the store with a bag of zippers! Back in their 'random we don't know where to put this stuff' area, there was a bunch of old ratty looking sewing stuff. I poked around a little and came across this bag full of over thirty zippers of different sizes and lengths. There was no price anywhere, so I went up to the checker lady to ask about the price. She offered the whole bag to me for $3!!! Can you believe it? JACKPOT!

Want to see what I came up with?Lovin' it! I can't wait to try more. Check back in a day or two for instructions, I think zipper rosettes are tutorial worthy!

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO jealous of this find! Zipper flowers are all the rage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - soooooooooooooo lucky - I scored from a lady in our church who gave me zippers but not this many...

    I made rosettes too...I like yours - especially the little green zipper leaves.

    ReplyDelete