Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a finished project

Hooray! My husband and son are back from their father/son fun weekend away. Hooray because my technical support is back home! (The warm body in bed and kiss goodnight is nice too ;) I was able to get the pictures from our trusty old camera that I took a few days ago.

So one of my most recent projects was to try and make one of these...I've been in love with this bag since I laid eyes on the pattern. I finally got up my courage to give it a try. Here is my version...and an inside view...

The material I used was Joel Dewberry, Ginseng. Some adorable material that I picked up last fall on sale.

If you are new to sewing bags and purses, I'd give this pattern an easier-intermediate review. Amy's instructions are AWESOME. Great step-by-step directions, although there aren't a ton of pictures.

This bag is for a young lady (who I adore!) that is graduating from high school this year. I hope she loves it. (Because I sure do!) I will definitely be making more of these bags. I'm excited to test drive other fabric patterns.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Cute bag! Where can I buy the pattern? I love these bags!!

    ReplyDelete