Thursday, January 14, 2010

giving service

I am in constant awe at what I see on all your blogs out there in the crafty blog world. Both the quality and quantity of work is amazing. There are some I see that pump out almost a quilt a week, and we're not just talking simple squares here, but beautiful intricate stuff. Others that are constantly putting up tutorials for us to all enjoy, and sill others who just like to have a place to keep track of and post all their little projects. I love it, I love it all!

I don't always have the most exciting sutff to post, but it is what it is...it's me!

That being said, yesterday a friend called me and asked if I could quickly whip up a couple of receiving blankets to help finish up an Eagle Scout Project that her son is working on. She dropped off the material and I was able to get them done relatively quickly.They are nothing fancy. I am just glad that I could help her out.

I am thankful for this talent God has given me, and I am thankful that friends know they can call on me to help them out in a pinch. It feels good to serve others once in a while. (Isn't that the awesome thing about service? You help others, which makes them feel great, but you get the benefit of feeling great too. It's a win win situation!)

I'm excited now to go work on some projects just for me!! (And am going to feel no guilt at being a little selfish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment