Friday, January 29, 2010

Too much fun!

Whew! I am having so much fun spending time with my family here in Utah that I haven't taken the time to sit down and post.

Although I haven't posted, I have had the chance to visit a few more fun places. On Wednesday afternoon my mom and I found ourselves at a shop that is near and dear to my heart. Nuttals Bernina, in Riverton, Utah. I didn't take pictures, because it isn't as aesthetically pleasing as a lot of the quilt shops, it's not as much of a quilt shop as a fabric shop and machine dealer. Every time I have been there though, they are running some kind of sale or another, and they do carry some of the more contemporary quilt lines (although not a lot.) Why is it near and dear to my heart? It is where I got my OH SO LOVED Bernina Aurora 430 last year. (My husband and I joke that it is one of the most expensive appliances in our house...except that it isn't a joke!) I haven't regretted the purchase once. We visited the store because I wanted to ask a few questions, and I decided that I am/was ready to purchase a walking foot too. I can't wait to try it out. Oh yea, they also had what was left of their Christmas fabric on sale, so I got some yardage to make this tree skirt.
(the loot)
Yesterday (Thursday) we went and walked around The Quilted Bear. Talk about craft mecca! Seriously, it is just one ginormous craft show that is open all through the year. I love to go there to get fun ideas and usually pick up a thing or two for myself. We had a great time and I definitely got my 'crafty fix' for a while. (at least a day or two!) One of these days I would love to get a booth there and see how we do. What do you think Lynette?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment